Monday, June 14, 2010

NYC, baby!


As most of you know I got a promotion at work and am now the new office manager! I'll save you the boring details and just let you know I'm so excited and love it! It's a lot of work, but I love helping people and I love seeing people's lives change.


As part of my new job I get to be spoiled by our vendors who take me to lunch and bring me goodies. Last week I was at lunch with our Lap Band rep when she asks me if I'd be interested in attending a seminar to learn how to give lap band fills. I say, sure why not. Then she says, ok it's in New York. All expenses paid. WHAT?! OK!!! So then I say the smart thing, do I have to go alone or can I bring someone in the office. I'm given permission to take Kristen, who is with me! We are trying to hold off on screaming and act cool. I think three seconds after the car door shut Kristen and I were doing the happy dance about our NY trip!


SO... here's where YOU come in, loyal blog reader... neither Kristen or I have EVER been to New York! We are extending our trip for 2 extra days so we will be in New York from Wednesday through Sunday... we don't have a ton of time, so we need help making sure we don't miss any good places... so what are the "must see" of New York? {besides like everything!}

5 comments:

Sarah S. said...

That is so awesome! You are one lucky girl. I went to New York years ago. You have to have a picnic in Central Park, it's amazing. FAO shwartz there is huuuuge and fun even for an adult. That is where they filmed the piano scene in big. I'm drawing a blank on anything else. Oh...bring your walking shoes. :) Have fun!

The Pratts said...

You should get on line now and see if you can get David Letterman tickets. There are a few places that I would want to go like the soup nazy kitchen from Seinfeld... but I am not sure if that kind of thing is something you would do.

Have fun - that is awesome!

joolee said...

oh goodness, could i be ANY more JEALOUS??!! :) that's so exciting!! I miss NY! There's so much to see - of course, I went to just about EVERY art museum there on all my trips - (sitting on the steps of the Met eating a pretzel off the street is a fave memory!), but there's Central Park (it's HUGE!), Ground Zero, the Empire St. Bldg. (which I've never done...), just window shopping up and down 5th Ave., Times Square, and the temple on Broadway & 85th (I think?). It's across from the Lincoln Center, I know that. I was only able to see it under construction, but it sure would be amazing to see it now! And seeing any kind of play or show in NYC is SO FUN! The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island trip are cool, (it leaves from Battery Park) but that will take up a big chunk of your day if you go.

Hmm...I'll see if I can think of other things. Definitely walk around to hear, see and smell the city (ha!), but using the subway is SO easy, and an experience in itself, so make sure you do that too! Have fun Autumn!

The Moore Family said...

So fun! When are you going? I'm going there for a wedding Wednesday, June 30 to Monday, July 5, same amount of time as you! I have been there several times and some of my favorite things to do, that are free by the way :), are to take the subway into Brooklyn and walk across the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan. Also, at night, to take the Staten Island ferry across and back, just to get a good view of the city skyline, soo fun! Museum of Natural History is great too! How exciting for you, you will love it! Give me a call sometime!

Cherene said...

Oooh fun! I'm all about the Broadway plays. I think it's such a fun experience (have you seen WICKED?) My sister and I had such a fun time walking around time square, then just walking all around. There are tons of street vendors, so it is fun shopping! They have tour buses that can take you to all the major sites in just a few hours. That's kind of fun to do--then you get to see everything without getting lost or worrying about catching a cab. Have so much fun!!