Friday, December 5, 2008

It's begining to Look A lot Like Christmas!

Our Tree! The kids decorated it, they didn't do that bad a job, huh?! (this was after the bottom strand of the lights went out and I tore them down in frustration. maybe that's why it doesn't look so bad because I re-put everything up?! lol)

This is the little half wall thingy that divides my kitchen and my living room. It's a perfect spot for my little snow men!

We don't have a fire place but I love this screen that was given to us as a wedding gift. We decided the front entry way of our house would be our makeshift fireplace! I really like it there and the kids LOVE seeing their stockings when they come downstairs in the morning!

These are our office doors. I didn't decorate the office but I like the touch of the garland. The garland with lights on it is also going up our banister but I neglected to get that pic for ya!

K, so this is my front door and I LOVE the way it turned out! The wreath is my Mom's and I wasn't really thrilled with it, but I like it and I added the little "Let it Snow" in the middle because it totally makes me laugh when I walk in the door sweating from the heat!

The day after Thanksgiving I noticed my neighbors were all doing something I totally wanted to do... decorate their yards for Christmas. Now, I knew this wouldn't fly with Bry after what happened last year (we hot glue gunned our lights to the stucco on our house and it didn't exactly "pop off" like we thought) so I decided that I would decorate our house instead!
Monday for FHE I wanted to go get a Christmas tree but by the time Bry got home and we ate dinner it was just too late. So Tuesday I said I was getting Andy from Scouts and went and got a tree with him after. It was fun taking him with to try and find "the perfect tree" he would smell all of them and let me know which one he wanted from there. It was funny. We came home and surprised Natali and Giovanni with the tree. Wednesday my parents came over and brought me a bunch of decorations for the tree from when I was a little girl. It was so fun hanging them up with the kids and telling stories about the different ornaments. Then I got my stuff out and we decked the house out! I think it looks pretty good! And for sure it puts me in the mood for Christmas!

No comments: