Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bittersweet Faith Leaps

About a month ago I posted on my facebook status "Autumn is taking a leap of faith" and today that leap is officially happening. After long hours of prayer, what our family needed to do was made extra clear to both of us, so that day Bry put in his notice at work. His company asked him to stay an extra 2 weeks to help train his replacements, and being my sweet hubs he said yes. Well, today is his last day of work. Starting Monday Bry will be going back to school full time and being Mr. Mom while I go back to work full time. {don't worry- I'm still going to be going to school, too!}

This is obviously a huge change for our family, but also one that we have sought guidance from the Lord with and we know what we are doing {while be it scary at times} is the right one. When Bry put in his notice we didn't really know how exactly the whole money thing would pan out but we had a feeling it would work out, and it did. The next day at my fat dr {I need to stop calling it that, I know} I was talking to my friend who is the office manager and she was telling me they needed someone and asked if I would be interested in working there. Up until that point the thought of me going back to work hadn't even crossed my mind. I will be starting the job next week. It's truly amazing how the Lord paves the way when you finally decide to listen.

I know this isn't going to be the easiest of changes for any of us. I enjoy my time during the day to do what I want, and am still trying to figure out how in the world I'll ever catch up with my TV shows {wink, wink}. The kids are trying to get used to the thought that they might not do another craft project after school for a while {though I have book marked a bunch of craft blogs in the event Bry decides to get crafty on us!}, and Bry is trying to remember what it's like to be a full time student and cook, clean, do laundry, and get the kids on time.

We are excited for this new unexpected chapter in our life. We are both sad to be saying good bye to some amazing co-workers Bry has had over the past year. That being said, we are also excited to say good bye to long hours and never having our daddy and hubby around.

So... ready or not... leap of faith starts NOW! :)

6 comments:

Krista said...

That is great how your job just fell into your lap! As for the TV shows, you will have to do what I do, pick a few favorites and get rid of the rest. There just won't be enough time in the day for everything anymore.

I will also cross my fingers for you that Bry gets crafty...

Sarah S. said...

How exciting for you guys to start this new chapter in your lives. Aaron and I were just talking last night about how grateful we are that we struggled to get him through school. Education is priceless, especially in this economy. I know that it will bring your family closer together as you all have to change, support and contribute to the family goal. You guys are awesome!


By the way, Trey was so bummed that you were already "booed". You were the first person he picked.

The McNeil Family said...

How great it is that we have the lord to guide us. I wish the best of luck.

Katie said...

Congratulations! As long as you feel good about it, it will all be worth it. Good luck to your new adventure in life!

Cluff Family said...

If anyone can do it, your family can. Way to go and good luck!

Kate Milke said...

Everything will go as intended. Good luck & congratulations!