Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Journey...

I haven't blogged in a while about my weight loss... Perhaps I feel you all are getting tired of it. My motivation needs a tune up, school is kicking my booty, but I realized today that I should be good and proud of my progress.

I've been contemplating telling everyone just how fat I used to be-- but I've decided against that. lol. Maybe once I reach my goal I will post it... that's to be determined though. lol

About my goal... a lot of people have asked me what my goal is. To answer that, my goal has never been a number. My goal is to feel good about myself when I look in the mirror. To be able to shop in a store and not have to buy plus size clothing {which I no longer have to do! YAAY!}. My goal is to be happy with my appearance, which is loaded right there. I know that I will never be a size 2- I'm 5'9" for cryin' out loud, that won't happen. lol. So... my goal, my dear friends, is to be the best me I can be. If that means I stop losing weight next week, perfect, if that means I stop in 20lbs- great! But this whole journey is so emotional that I just need to love me for me.

I was telling my friend the other day I still look in the mirror and see the "old" me. I still think my stomach is huge, my butt is giant, and my thighs are disgusting. It's all so mental. I know I've lost weight, I see the scale. But as a woman that's been overweight for so long I think there's a little voice inside me saying "it's just not good enough". Day by day I'm trying to get better, to love myself, to appreciate my body the way it is. Today I noticed I walked 4 flights of stairs and then about 8 city blocks downtown Phoenix and never once lost my breath. It was amazing. Small victories like those remind me of how far I really have come. This past weekend my hubs text me a quote from Preisthood session. Elder Uchdorf, "The Lord doesn't, nor should we, compare our efforts to others" I'm sure he was meaning this pertaining to the Gospel, but I am guilty of doing this in all aspects. So that's another thing I'm trying to do is not compare myself to others.

So, to date I've lost 110lbs in my 8 months since having my band. I've gone down about 12 dress sizes and 3 bra sizes {sorry if that is tmi- but I think it's so funny how small they are now! lol}. My wrists have shrunk so much that I had 3 links taken out of my watch and I no longer need chain extenders for my necklaces. I also cross my legs ALL the time now! I can paint my own toenails, too!




This picture was me at my sis-in-laws bachelorette party late last November. This is for sure a "before" picture.
This pic is me Saturday night... It's amazing to look at the difference... Crazy!

Thank you, my sweet friends, for all your support, encouragement, and love throughout this wild and crazy journey!

20 comments:

The Larsen's said...

Wow! You look amazing! Congratulations!!!!

Cherene said...

You look so great, girl! My sis had the same problem when she lost a lot of weight--still seeing the old her in her mirror and in her mind. Just tell yourself every day that you are healthy and beautiful, beacause you are (outside and inside)!!

Andrea said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOW! You look amazing and sexy and hot! Congrats, girl!

The Pratts said...

You look so great Autumn - you are amazing! If you goal is to look better then the "skinny" (still fat) sister, then you have hit it!

lani said...

YOU ROCK!!! and sooo cute!!!

joolee said...

Autumn, you are AMAZING! And you LOOK it too! I'm so impressed. GREAT job!

Kristin said...

amazing!

The McNeil Family said...

You are amazing...thanks for sharing this post.go go girl u look great!! I have the same problem I look in the mirror and don't see the person that I was before I had kids. I need to think more postive about myself.

AZMarianos said...

I don't know if you remember me from a few months ago...I'm Jenny's friend and I had the lapband in May. My journey has not been as successful as yours but I will get there. I just wanted you to know that I look to you for my inspiration (no pressure there huh???) and you have totally inspired me. 110 pounds in 8 months is AMAZING!! You look great!

Loree said...

I think you look FABULOUS!!! you have worked so hard! :) you should be proud of who you are inside and out! You are beautiful Autumn!

Anonymous said...

That's incredible! I have always known you looking great but I am so impressed by someone that would work so hard to change themselves. Way to show yourself your own beauty...you're a great example!

Snyder Family said...

Like I told you when we ran into each other- You look FABULOUS! You have every right to be so proud of yourself and this major accomplishment. And you are totally right- it is all mental. People are always their own worst critic. I feel the same way about my post-baby body. It is so easy to pick out the worst in yourself even though there really isn't anything really there to complain about.
You are such a wonderful and loving person. I hope you know that there are so many people that care for you and are proud of you. You are definitely an inspiration and we know you will achieve your goals, whatever they may be!

Mari said...

Wow, you look absolutely amazing!

that aside, Your post is so accurate it's scary. the thoughts that go through my head, and the things I think about myself are exactly what you're describing. It's nice to know other people have the same fears and problems.

It's amazing how traumatizing something like being overweight can be. It feels like it's going to haunt you forever sometimes, but I hope and believe it will get better for all of us, it may just take longer than we wish.

Just know, though, that your insecurities are totally unjustified (I mean that in a good way!) - you look completely and utterly fabulous!

:)

Leah said...

WHOO HOO! You look awesome...thanks for sharing your sweet words with us....you will be such a better mom and wife now! Love you!

AAErickson said...

WOW!!! Need I say more? Just looking at them side by side you look like a totally different person. You are doing great and looking pretty fab, too!! I agree that the mental part can be the hardest. Keep up the good work and don't stress!

Katie said...

Ooh la la!! You look Fabulous! I'm so proud of you. What an accomplishment and you look awesome. But I will always see you as the fun, outgoing, happy Autumn I hung out with in High School. Congratulations!

Crissie said...

Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!!!! You are an inspiration to all! What an INCREDIBLE accomplishment!! You are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your story with us. We love hearing about your journey...the good and the bad.

Raadgep Fam said...

I think you look amazing! I love the new you! I am sure your hubby has a hard time keeping his hands off you!

Lena said...

you look amazing!!!! I am so proud of you!

Alison B said...

wow!!!! you look amazing! So much younger and healthy and hip! I still see my fatter self as well. I think that will only take time. You truly look awesome. I say keep one pair of fat jeans only to wear on days you think you are still that bigger girl, then put them on, and they will slide right off so you remember that you are no longer that girl. Also, read this post. You have made HUGE strides. Absolutely amazing. Keep it up. don't you feel great? You sure look great!!! Congratulations.