Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wasn't Expecting this...

Today I had a dr appointment with a new obgyn. It's going on 4 years that Bry and I have been trying to have a baby. It's a discouraging, heartbreaking, frustrating path. Just when we thought we were going to have what we've been wanting I miscarried. So frustrating. Last year before I got pregnant a rep came into my office and we started talking somehow the topic got on pregnancy and I found out that she had a hard time trying to conceive as well. She mentioned the dr she went to and how he was a "miracle worker" and I should go to him. I thought about it but then got pregnant and didn't think I needed him. A few weeks ago a patient came into my office and we started talking and she tells me she was trying to get pregnant before and she went to this amazing dr, who happened to be the same dr the rep told me about. I went home that night and talked to Bry about it. I told him I wanted to see this guy and just see what he had to say. Maybe he could help, and maybe not, but I wanted to try before moving forward. Sunday Bry and I were talking to our Bishop and I told him about how frustrated/angry/sad I'd been about not being able to have a baby. He gave me some amazing advice that the Lord knows my desires and knows my heart and will put me in touch with the right people who will be able to help me. He reminded me nothing happens by accident.
Today was my appointment. I was nervous and excited. Usually when you go see a new doc it's mostly, "we'll do blood work and see what happens". I went in and right away had an ultrasound. During this the doc was showing me things he was talking about and explaining things I didn't know about my body. He found a huge cyst that he is concerned with but gave me medication to help it shrink, if that doesn't work I will have to have surgery. After asking me a ton of questions he tells me, "Well, we know what is wrong, now let's fix it". I've known that I have PCOS but I found out today that I also have endometriosis. Talking to the dr I found out that he is a former Bishop who specializes in women with PCOS and/or endometriosis. I was in the right place. I was given some scripts and a shot in the bum, and sent on my way for a few weeks unless the cyst ruptures {comforting, right?}.
Though it is not what I was expecting, I am so thankful to know what it is that is "wrong" with me. I am so thankful that I was in the right place at the right time. I'm so thankful that this sweet Dr took over an hour explaining things to me and telling me that everything will be alright. I'm not saying I'm not scared, I am. I'm not saying that I won't go through moments of discouragement, I'm sure I will. But I know that I am seeing the right doc for me. I am thankful for the Lord's tender mercies in reassuring us that He really does know my heart and my desires. I'm thankful He put me in contact with the right people, though I didn't realize it at the time. I feel great comfort and peace, and for that I am extra thankful.

5 comments:

Sarah S. said...

What a sweet bishop and dr. You must feel relief and hope to be moving in a forward direction. I am happy for you.

Leah said...

That is so awesome!! He is aware of you...I'm so glad you got see him and get on the track to the right help that you need...P.S. I have loved reading your recent posts...I am sooo proud of you and am grateful for your friendship

Crissie said...

Wow!! How wonderful to get some answers. It is amazing how God leads us to the right people. I'll pray that all goes well.

Claudia said...

Glad you're able to feel some comfort and be helped by a great doctor. :)

AB said...

Love you, love you, love you. Love to see your testimony grow and good things happen...even when they are scary.