Monday, March 24, 2008

366 days ago...

366 days ago (1 year from yesterday) I made the biggest step of my life. I got married. I remember the night that Bryant and I got engaged... we were in his apartment (making out lol) and I asked for a drink, Bryant came back with a cup of water and an engagement ring. He kneeled on the floor next to the couch I was on and began telling me how much he loved me and that he didn't want to live without me. For 25 years (it was like a week shy of my 25th birthday) I waited for this man and at that moment I knew my life had changed. We had a super short "courtship" lol, we were engaged a month after our first date and then married 4 months later. It was a true whirl wind romance.
I can't believe how fast this past year has gone. Bryant and I were actually saying that sometimes we can't believe that it's only been a year. lol.
Our anniversary fell at the perfect time Spring Break. So, the kids went to Utah and Bryant and I took an 11 day SUPER relaxing (and much needed) vacation. We dropped the kids off in Kingman, Az. and headed over to Bryant's uncles house in Barstow to spend the night. Thank you, Uncle Stevie for letting us stay there so we didn't kill ourselves driving so late! It was nice to visit!! The next morning we drove to Vista and stayed at Brittany's house, so much fun!! We went to Red Robin for dinner and played a super fun game of Quelf. SO FUN! Oh, wait- before dinner I kicked Jeremy's trash at Guitar Hero! lol. It was fun to play someone who wasn't an expert! lol. Seriously, thank you so much Britt for letting us stay with you and save money on a hotel until we could check in! You are the best! I miss us so much and forget how much until I have a good dose of you! :)
Saturday we went to the OC Market Place and had lots of fun there, too! It was super windy, and the wind was sooo cold! It was AWESOME!! When we got home we went and checked in to our hotel at the Grand Pacific Palisades then met Britt, Sam, and Mike for dinner at Karl Strauss. It was so nice to catch up with my girl friends. I've missed them so much.
We stayed at Palisades until Wednesday just bumming around Carlsbad and North County then on Wednesday we checked into the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay. BEAUTIFUL! We stayed in this really cool like bungalow type room that was right across from the water. So romantic.
On the property of the hotel they have these really cool cabana things that you can completely enclose and they have round out door couch things.. it's sooo cool. There's speakers with mood setting music, and the tops are open so you're looking at the stars. Wow. It was so relaxing and romantic.

Oh- another thing... Bryant is now blond. Yep. You read that right. One day we were getting pedicures and Bryant finished his first and went next door to get a haircut.... so he was taking forever so Brittany suggested getting manis also, and what girl passes up that?! Anyway, we were done and I had no money on me so I go next door and my husband is BLOND! But the lady who was doing it screwed with it and made it orangish... so we have to wait until the SCABS from the bleach go away and our friend here will fix it for him. It's growing on me, actually. It was funny, when we picked up the kids they were so excited then they saw Bryant and Giovanni stopped and was like, who is that? lol. Funny.

Also while we were there we went to the San Diego Temple. It was my first time going and doing something other than baptisms. So it was an awesome experience. Such a beautiful Temple!

When we finally got home last night and put the kids to bed we made BAT's (bacon, avocado, and tomato sandwiches... our favorite) and had sparkling cider by candle light. lol. Our 11 day vacation was obviously our gift to each other but we also got cards. I included a list of 101 reasons I love Bryant. It was tender. I'm so glad this first year is over- does that sound bad? LoL. It was at times a little too rocky for me. Bryant, I love you more today than I did on the day I became your wife. I am excited for our future together and I can't wait to be sealed for time and eternity to you. You are the best thing that has happened to me and I never want to imagine a day of my life without you. Thank you for taking me away and bringing more romance to our marriage. I love you.

4 comments:

Claudia said...

That's so cute! How fun! Happy Anniversary!!! :)

BANC said...

That is seriously the cutest thing i've read in along time... how romantic!!
Sorry my flight got so delayed... maybe next time!

Nichole Bruce said...

sorry autumn that last post was by me :)

Raadgep Fam said...

I am so happy for you two. You guys are super cute together. I am so glad we got to spend time with you.! love ya