Thursday, July 10, 2008

Linds and Don






So, I know I've mentioned that we have these super good friends over here, The Rogers (Linds and Don), and we hang out with them pretty much every night. It's super fun because we go to each others houses, our kids play and we get to have fun too! Well last week (I think it was last week) we went on a double date with them while Jen watched all 7 of our kids (she's a total trooper!). We had soo much fun! We were going to go to dinner and a movie but we ended up leaving our house at 9:30 and hardly made it to the restaurant before it closed so we just had dinner, dessert, and a drive.

We went to Chili's for dinner and a guy I used to hang out with from culinary school was the manager there, so it was fun to catch up with him. I bet he thought Linds and I were drunk though, we were having soo much fun and laughing soo hard! The guys didn't find us as funny as we found ourselves, but secretly, I know they had fun too!

A few days after that their dog was going to have her puppies, so we went over to experience that. I think Bry thought that I was crazy because he knew the kids would ask all sorts of questions, but I thought this was a really cool thing and a great time to explain to them how a baby (or puppy in this situation) was born. Punkin (yep, that's how you say it, and that's how I say it too! lol) had 6 puppies and was such a good sport. She was spooked with the first one and jumped up to run away but we got her to lay back down and then she was a pro. Linds wasn't home from work yet so I was the birthing coach along with Don and I took pictures all along the way. (Don't worry, I won't post the nasty ones) We didn't let the kids watch them all come out because the first one wasn't very active and we weren't sure if he'd survive but he did so then we let the kids watch the last 2 being born. It was cool because like 10 minutes after Linds got home from work Punkin had the last one, so Linds totally felt included. lol. It was a really neat experience, and I totally want a puppy, but am forcing myself to realize we can't have 2 dogs. Bry is a big help with making me realize that because he is just getting used to Sophie.

So I was also just going through my pics and found some super cute ones of my kiddos and my hubby, so I'm adding those for your viewing pleasure! :)

2 comments:

Raadgep Fam said...

I remeber when our dog had puppies, they smell! I hate puppy breathe! YUCK! But super cool that you got to be there and help, I love the pictures!

Claudia said...

Thank you for your sweet and encouraging words Autumn. You're the best! :)

Cute pictures! I'm glad you have some good friends over there. :)