Thursday, July 31, 2008

Final Days of Summer




As the final days of summer are passing by us, I am getting a little sad that the kids are going back to school. It's been nice having little helpers and sleeping in (I've trained the kids that during the summer they are supposed to stay up super late and then sleep in really late, too! But now we are back to a regular sleep schedule and it's not so fun!). We've been hanging out with friends, going to Grammy and Papa's, swimming, playing the Wii, playing Rock Band, watching movies... just doing all the fun summer time things you should do! Though we really didn't go on vacation (the kids went to Utah and we all went to Payson for a weekend) we've still had a lot of fun.

This week has been the hardest. Bry left Sunday for Chicago until Wednesday and then flew from Chicago to San Fran for the rest of the week. I know that I should be used to him going on business trips, but I'm totally not. I hate sleeping alone, and everyone who knows me knows I'm massively paranoid and swear that at night we're going to be kidnapped or something. lol. Last night we didn't get home until 1 (I told you we stay out late) and when we got home I checked the house like 3 times over. Then I woke up at like 6 to let the dog out (how do I make her stop barking so flippen early?!) and the kids bathroom light was on- never once did I think that a kid got up and went potty and didn't turn it off, I thought someone was in the house. I'm telling you, I'm crazy! I'm for sure glad Bry will be home tomorrow night!

We've also been taking this Marriage and Family Class through the Church. It's sooo good! This week will be our 3rd week, and it's so amazing how much I feel it's already helped our marriage. Most wards offer the class, so if you haven't taken it I would TOTALLY recommend it. It's not for marriages that are failing, it's to help strengthen your marriage. There are couples in there that have been married 30 years and then Bry and I who have been married 16 months- and everything in between!

What else? Oh, I'm back to having dark hair, and so much happier! lol. I need to take a pic of it but am totally slacking today and haven't done my hair yet! I also gave Natali bangs, they are sooo cute!

Just wanted to update everyone! Oh, the pics were the other morning (at 10:30) when I went into the boys room. Giovanni refuses to sleep on the top bunk, and this is how I found the boys! Cute, huh? What do you think of the wall color? Pretty cool, huh?

1 comment:

Makenna said...

I didnt know you lived in Mesa - I just knew you were in AZ Im so sorry princess! Next time we go up - I will let you know.