Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Recovery


After having a serious case of cabin fever we decided
to venture out to AZ Mills! Shopping is a great way to
recover!! :)
Btw, I think Giovanni looks like such a big boy in this
pic!!




Brittany's cutie patooty son, Kasen at AZ Mills


Well, I wanted to write quick and say that surgery went super well! Apparently I woke up during the surgery and scared the Dr to death, but besides that no mishaps! I was waaay out of it for most of the day Friday. Good thing my sweet hubby came to the surgery center or my poor friend would have never found our way home! lol.
I feel sore. I have 5 incisions- one of them is huge compared to the rest. I'm assuming that's where my port is. And I found they sew the port into your muscle so it's nice and painful too! Yaay! lol. But every day I'm feeling a little better, and it's totally awesome to see results so fast too! Good bye 7lbs since Friday! In total since my pre-op appointment that's a grand total of 17lbs in about 2 weeks, no complaints here!
I've been on a liquid diet since Friday and actually have no hunger what so ever, it's weird. I used to find myself thinking about food a lot, and I totally haven't been. Even today at AZ Mills I sat and watched everyone eat and I was totally fine. Just sipped on my Poweraid Zero!
I am so blessed to be surrounded with loving people. My bff, Brittany, has been amazing. She won't let me lift a finger and runs for my every need. In the 16 years we've been friends I've never been more amazed by her. Words are truly not enough to thank her for being so amazing. My awesome visiting teachers brought over an amazing dinner (according to my family- I'm on liquids until Friday) last night and visited for a few min. They are such sweet ladies, I'm so blessed to have them as friends. Everyone is calling to check on me and do anything for me that needs to be done, it's so nice to know how much people care. My sweet neighbor who took Giovanni for me last minute even though she has an at home daycare and refused my money, seriously saved the day, too!
I am also thankful for my loving husband who is so supportive and helpful, too. I'm so excited for him to have surgery so we can become healthier together! :)

No comments: