Thursday, October 25, 2007

So Over It

I totally think I'm having a mother moment... I honestly think I might have a heart attack right here and now. While the kids were gone to their Mother's house Bryant went on a business trip and I went on a cleaning/organizing binge. Now, this was no small task, I was doing major deep cleaning from the floors, to the fridge, to the toilets, to the blinds...I was spring cleaning in the Fall. Anyways, my house looked amazing. You could not find a speck of dust or dirt for a mile. I was so proud of my house, and thankful to my parents who nearly killed themselves helping. So then the kids and Bryant come home and I talk to them about chores and how I just can't do everything by myself. We made chore charts and promised allowance if they would simply do their chores. That lasted about 2 days.
I'm so frustrated that I think I just don't care. Why is it that I am the only one who cares if the beds are made? Am I the only one who gets frustrated when they trip over a toy or a shoe? Or a backpack? Does anyone else find it just maddening that when clothes are taken off they aren't put in the hamper? I really don't think I'm being unreasonable. I will admit that I get tired, too and don't want to put away my crap. And lately we've bought a lot of new things, so it's gotten a little out of hand with all of the boxes. But, really folks, the garbage can is out the garage! I understand that Bryant works hard and that I'm a stay at home mom...does that make ALL of this MY job? Am I wrong in my frustrations? I don't expect the kids to get down on the floor and scrub...but pick up your toys for cryn out loud!!! And, gee, I don't know... when you are done eating, put your freaking dish in the sink!
Thank you, that is all. lol

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Well I am a messy person, but I am sure Jeremy would agree with you. ALthough I am only messy to an extent. I can't handle too much mess and YES it drives me nuts to trip on a toy that is 2 feet away from its toy box. I am sorry you aren't getting any help. Ultimatum time!!

Pure Images said...

lol... I am cracking up right now. I unforunately have the opposite problem. I am the discustingly messy person and Zac is a neat freak. I wish it were the other way around, cuz maybe we wouldnt fight so much! lol. Good for you for having the drive to clean!

Nichole Bruce said...

Good for you!!! Being a mom sucks at moments like these, BUT keep at it. You or your kids don't need to be perfect all the time. One day your kids will have roomates and/or spouses that will thank you for teaching your kids to hand up their coats and make their bed... that i can promise!!

Raadgep Fam said...

Okay I may not have kiddos but I have a husband who leaves his boots for work right by the bed or always somewhere where I trip,Kich,Stub or nick my toes on them. I have gotten so mad at times, he has 3 feet to the closet! HOW HARD IS THAT?!!!!!!!
Anywyas good luck!

B said...

OK ok this blog wasn't about the kids it was really about me. So I will try harder... sorry I don't help out more...