Monday, October 29, 2007

Hyatt Regency Scottsdale

For the past 7 months Bryant and I have been saying we need to find a babysitter and go out on a date. We've had family watch the kids, but that's always hard because we feel our families are busy enough and don't need added stress. So, I was at the grocery store last week and ran into a girl from our ward and asked if she babysat and if she was available on Saturday... I was more than delighted to hear a yes!
I must tell you Saturday was the best date of my life. Bryant put so much time and energy into making sure that we had a nice romantic night, it was amazing. First things first, to make it so we weren't being "parents" Bryant rented us a mustang convertable (left the minivan at home! lol), which was awesome in itself! It was a beautiful night and although on the way to dinner I made him have the top on, I enjoyed driving with it off the rest of the night! Anyways, we went to the beautiful Hyatt Regency in Scottsdale to eat at Alto where we enjoyed delicious Italian food and the beautiful view from our outside table. It was so romantic, candelight, by the pool, waterfalls all around. Wow. After dinner we took a Gondola ride around the lake that surrounds the Hyatt while being sung Italian Opera and snuggling under the stars. When we were done with the gondola ride we went to the lounge and listened to some live flamenco music and sipped on virgin pina coladas while cuddeling on the couch. To finish the evening we went to my favorite dessert spot, The Gelato Spot, and enjoyed delicious gelato. Oh, and to make the night even better we stopped to get a diet coke on the way home (the restraunt only had Pepsi products...ew) I have never felt so relaxed or in love in my life (well, I felt very in love on my wedding day) but knowing that Bryant planned all of this on his own just spoke mounds to me. It was so nice not to be interrupted by kids, or cell phones, or life. I realize how much Bryant trys and how too often I don't tell him that I appreciate him and how glad I am that he is my husband and best friend.





4 comments:

Nichole Bruce said...

How fun!! I"m totally jealious but i'm glad you guys had an amazing date.

Pure Images said...

That is awesome! I am so jealous!

Brittany said...

You guys deserved a night out on the town! Good for you Bry for making my friend happy!! Autumn, you look absolutely beautiful!! So pretty and happy! I love it!! Cute pics! You look handsome too Bry.

B said...

I am only awesome cause I have an Awesome Wifey. She deserved it for putting up with me if nothing else.... I love my BABY!