Monday, October 15, 2007

Testing, one...two...three...




Tomorrow is Vanni's final day of preschool testing... yes, they are STILL testing him. It's annoying, I know. I'm so nervous for him. I'm sure he'll be fine, but I just want to make sure they see any needs he has and that he will be able to have what he needs to learn and catch up. He's been talking so much more lately, but I know that the school would still benefit him greatly. So... cross your fingers and say your prayers!
Other news... I touched on it before, but Andy (Z's son from before she married Bryant) has been living with us for a couple weeks now and I can see a huge improvement on his behavior. It's amazing the changes kids can make when they are shown love and stability. I'm grateful we have him. I won't lie, it's a huge challenge but I'm glad that he's somewhere that I know he is getting what he needs and his school is sooo awesome.
Natali is Natali. She got in trouble for talking too much in class the other day and when I asked her what happened she said she was sad because her teacher wouldn't let her talk to her friends during work time. Duh! lol. She is way too cute, that's for sure. She is starting to read it's so exciting!
Bryant is going to be traveling more for work. Starting in November he will be going to San Fran for a week of each month. I'm glad that he has the opportunity, and I know that it is opening doors for him at work, but I will miss him lots and lots.
I'm just pushing along. I find myself getting less stressed each day and realizing more and more which battles to pick. I've been trying to do more things for me so that I don't get too overwhelmed. I joined WW (yes, again) and started going to the gym. I feel so good and love that because of my change of lifestyle my kids are learning the importance of eating healthy and exercising. I know that I have tried a million times to lose weight and haven't had much success at keeping it off, but I feel so different this time. I feel like I have motivation that I've never had before. So...hopefully that will stick!! ;)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

That is a VERY adorable pic of the 3 kids.

I am so glad that Andy is learning and growing into a strong normal kid. lol...

Nati does talk a lot, but really? She is a girl! She is 5! Duh!

Vanni WILL get what he needs as for learning and growing. The Lord will watch out for him and take care of him. Nothing you don't already know. :) I know you don't like preaching so I will leave it at that.

I think that Bryant being gone will be hard, but will also be good for you. It will help you grow more into an individual and be ok with yourself, does that make sense? I hope that doesn't offend you, but I always freak out when Jeremy leaves, but I always find out more about myself and who I am and know that I can be me even when Jeremy isn't around.

As for you, I am SO proud of you for going on WW and going to the gym. That is a really hard commitment to make when you have 3 kids that exhaust you to no end, and then to go and work out and still watch what you eat. It is definitely hard, but worth it in the end. You have a goal, and something to work for. You can do this, I know it!