Friday, February 29, 2008

Andy's Getting Baptized!!

Well, as strange as it sounds, I have a kid that is getting baptized! Tomorrow is the big day for Andy! I am so proud of him and his desire to get baptized and make these covenants with the Lord. I was really worried about Andy while he was living with Z. He NEVER wanted to go to church and wasn't told he had to go, and when he visited us he would throw a fit so he wouldn't have to go (we still made him, don't you worry! lol). Now, Andy is super active in Scouts, he loves church and LOVES his teachers. I'm really proud of him. Bryant and I were talking the other day about what a strong spirit Andy has. He is one of those people who it's either black or white, you know? Andy is not a fence sitter at all. We can totally tell that Satan isn't thrilled with Andy getting baptized, everything that could happen this week, has! First, Andy's baptism was scheduled for 12 noon and on Monday morning I get a call saying that it's been changed to 8 am and that Andy wasn't the only one getting baptized. Super. I have the whole program planned and people coming in from out of town that won't be here until 10. That's not going to work. Go back to the PP and she says she'll talk to the Bish because 4 pm is now available. Super. That's late, but a little better. I tell people it's now at 4- only to get a call that 4 is too late because of ward Temple night our session is at 5 and the Bish won't be able to make it on time... ok... so 2? Ya, that'll work... Let's just pray there aren't anymore changes between now and 2pm tomorrow! lol. Last night we went and bought Andy a triple combination and a CTR ring. I was chit chatting with the man at the book store and told him we were going to write our testimonies in the BofM for Andy. The man says, "oh, that will be awesome. It will totally make him cry when he's on his mission". Mission? Wait! We still have 11 years! Only for the man to tell me it will fly by and we'll be reading his call before we know it! Super! lol. Anyway, the pic is the post card invitation we sent to our family for the baptism. Note the original time was noon! ;)



2 comments:

The Larsen's said...

That's awesome! I remember the day I was baptized.. It was an amazing day.

Because of some weird person getting a hold of my blog, I have set it to private. If you would like to view my blog, just send me your email address. My email is natalie.tyler@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Nichole Bruce said...

Congratulations to all of you. Today will be an incredible day. And Autumn remember to write in your journal tonight. It's one of those incredible days that you won't want to forget for the rest of your life.!!