Friday, February 22, 2008

Everyday You Save My Life

This is Bryant and I want everyone to know I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world. We have been going through a lot and I know that I am lucky to have her in my life. To have the love of someone who sees in me more than I could ever see in myself.

There are two rascal Flatt's songs that if I had written and sung them couldn't say it better about how I feel. One is "our song" from our wedding. The other is a new song I heard just last night.

Allthough most of this is not in my own words...it is my way of expressing how I feel and I couldn't say it better if I had written the words myself.

First our song. If anyone "knows" "our story" they understand why this song could have been written by me for my angel, and why it is "OUR SONG"!



Here are the lyrics


"Bless The Broken Road"

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

[Chorus:]
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

[Chorus]

Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.



This other song.... is even more intimate. It is like it could have been taken from a page in my journal or the numerous evenings lying in bed with her head on my should lately when I was trying to explain how I feel. I am not doing this so much for "everyone else" to see and think something, but so my angel knows how much she means to me "Everyday".



Here are the Lyrics.

Every Day
You could've bowed out gracefully
But you didn't
You knew enough to know
To leave well enough alone
But you wouldn't
I drive myself crazy
Tryin' to stay out of my own way
The messes that I make
But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me
Yeah, you get me
It's amazing to me

CHORUS
How every day
Every day, every day
You save my life

I come around all broken down and
crowded out
And you're comfort
Sometimes the place I go
Is so deep and dark and desperate
I don't know, I don't know

Repeat Chorus

Sometimes I swear, I don't know if
I'm comin' or goin'
But you always say something
without even knowin'
That I'm hangin' on to your words
With all of my might and it's alright
Yeah, I'm alright for one more night-
every day
Every day, every day, every day
Every day, every day
You save me, you save me, oh, oh, oh
Every day
Every, every, every day-

Every day you save my life


Autumn I love you... and especially even though I am far from perfect I am grateful that for some off reason you look on me with mercy and touch my life and make me want to live more everyday.

I love you.

Living Life because you love me,

EBG(II)

2 comments:

Mrs.EBG said...

Bryant I love you so much. I wish so much that you knew how great of a person that I know you are. I love you with all of my heart and I know we will get through all of this TOGETHER. Thank you for having patience with me and for showing and telling me everyday how much you love me. I couldn't dream or wish for a better fairy tale than this.

Ti Amo Mas

Raadgep Fam said...

WOW you two are awsome! YOu are so dang cute together!