Monday, February 11, 2008

Clomiphene

If any of you have been keeping track like I have you would know it's been 5 months. It's been a long 5 months at that. For me at least. I wish that I could report that I went to the dr and did all that I could, but I didn't. I lost some weight, so that's good and the dr said he was proud of that. I took my BC everyday like a good little girl, and started on metformin. Anyways, my dr appointment was last Tuesday, the 5th. I was so super nervous and it totally doesn't help that I always end up waiting FOREVER at this dr (thank heaven they have tv's in the room). So, after my nearly hour wait the dr came in to chat it up. So, he looked at my blood work that we got done in November and then looked at me and said, "so you ready to start clomid?". I could not express my excitement! Clomid (clomiphene is the real name) is supposed to help you ovulate. So... the funny part, the dr gave me a schedule when to take it and when to do "it" lol. It was funny because you could tell he was a little uncomfortable telling me, which, hello! you are an OBGYN! Oh, well! So he tells me all the info, gives me the prescription and tells me good luck! The cutest thing is he says, "hopefully we'll see you in a few months to discuss where you'll deliver" Oh, too cute! :)
I left on cloud 9! I don't think it's a secret to anyone that I want a baby. For cryin out loud, Jess' mom told me that she asked her "crystal" if I were going to get pregnant this year and it said yes, then they narrowed it down to July, and I would have a girl. Can I tell you that I secretly hold that as hope? lol. Anyways, I guess it can take 4-6 months before you get pregnant (which would put me around July lol). He started me at a little higher dose than usual and upped my metformin. I am glad to get the process started and now just need to practice a tad bit of patience and we'll be in business. lol.
I know the day that I take that positive pregnancy test it will make it all worth it... let's just hope it'll be sooner than later! ;)

4 comments:

Krista said...

A blogger that i am addicted to had a lot of troubles getting prego and used Clomid...check out her blog http://mooshinindy.com. Also, if you had any more detailed question about it, she answers emails really fast...Good Luck!

Raadgep Fam said...

good luck I am so excited for you! Ohh I remebered what my blood test is for, Inslin! They are checking my insalin. I will keep you posted!

Nichole Bruce said...

How exciting. If hope everything goes smoothly for you. Good luck!!

Pure Images said...

Yay, I am so excited for you. I was going to tell you... someone at my work looked in her 'crystal' and said the same thing. I got pregnant a few weeks later and it was with a girl like she said... good luck!