Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Family Home Evening

Last night was one of the most fun FHE's we've had. Not the most spiritual, but the most fun. We decided that we would bake chocolate chip cookies (bad mom moment, I've never done this with my kids- I usually just do it and they enjoy the finished product lol) and then go swimming. So yesterday we went to Wal*Mart and bought all the necessities for cookie baking. The kids were very eager to help and the adults were very eager to enjoy the cookies!

So, we're making cookies and I'm measuring out the butter and thinking to myself how it looked like a lot of butter, but we were doubling the recipe so I thought that was probably what happened. Well, we get all done and the dough is sooo runny (and yellow!) and I could not figure out what I did wrong! Until... my memory came back for a minor second and I looked on the package and realized I was supposed to add 2 c. of butter NOT 4! I had looked at the CUBES instead of CUPS! Oops!!








So, Jenny and I decide to send the kids upstairs and dr the cookies up a bit... YA, we should have never been left alone with flour- a HUGE flour fight, then like a million cups of flour into the dough... needless to say, we baked 1 batch and decided to throw the rest out it was SOOO nasty! lol.





It was soo much fun, but I am soo ashamed to admit I went to culinary school and worked at the Four Seasons as a PASTRY CHEF! Yikes! When Bry came down and saw us, it was priceless! Good thing we had the camera ready!

2 comments:

Makenna said...

Are you wondering why I didnt call? Not really - Looks like our kitchen EVERY time we make cookies - except the flower bums.

AB said...

LOL! Never boring at your house, Chef.