Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Bry and a little of everything else!

Last Tuesday was Bry's birthday, he's becoming an old man... 29!! wow! But, he didn't want to do the usual for his birthday instead he decided to have surgery! Yep, a few months ago the dr told him he needed to have sinus surgery and correct his deviate septum as well as remove his tonsils, adenoids, uvula (or the "gully gully" as my kids and I call it), and a bunch of tissue so that he can sleep better. The dr said he probably hasn't gotten a full nights sleep in 10 years. He has really bad sleep apnea and this is supposed to help with that also. So when he called to schedule it, August 12th was the next available- after that was October and he's been so miserable not sleeping he decided on August 12th.
Because they were keeping him overnight at the hospital I took him out the Saturday before to celebrate. We went to this yummy Brazilian Steakhouse called Fogo e Brasa for a VERY yummy and VERY filling dinner! They have a salad bar and then they come around with 12 types of meat... it's pretty cool. After dinner we went and saw The Dark Night. Which, by the way, I LOVED! It was super good! It was fun to go out and celebrate Bry. I love him so much and am so blessed that I'm his wife. I'm glad we were able to go out before he was cut open and miserable! :)
His surgery went as well as expected, just the healing is the part that sucks. He's having a hard time swallowing (the dr said this was normal) but the bonus is he's lost 19 lbs since Tuesday. lol. Poor guy! I can tell he's improving, I just think not as fast as he'd like.
Also last week the kids started school. They are doing sooo well! Natali- I mean Lauren had her first spelling test and got 105% on it. The first time I went through the words with her she knew them all! Then she had a vocab test where she had to read like 6 sentences in 1 min... she finished them in 11 seconds!! Way to go!! She is making lots of friends and hasn't gotten in trouble for talking... yet! :)
Andy is also loving school. He likes to play football and baseball before school and at recess. He's making a ton of friends and his teacher said he is doing awesome! He hasn't really had homework yet- that starts this week for him, but he's doing great!
Giovanni is going to speech preschool Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays and is also loving it! He had a bit of a meltdown last Tuesday, but then told me on Thursday he was going to "take it like a soldier" lol. The kid cracks me up! He's very excited because his school provides transportation (good thing because there's like 15 min between his school ending and the other kids school ending) so he gets to ride the bus!! He is sooo excited and his teacher says he's talking sooo well!
It's been a busy last week for me. I didn't realize how much work everything was during the school year, but now we're getting back into the swing of things and it'll be great! I'll post pics when I find my camera charger! :)

2 comments:

Raadgep Fam said...

Wow so crazy! Poor bry but at last he is getting it done, Mike has to get the whole nose surgury thing done too but we are putting it off till we get to japan!

The kids are doing so well i am so proud of them. You are such a great mother!

Brittany said...

I am glad Bry is feeling better! I still can't believe that weight loss! Crazy!

Lauren cracks me up! How has she NOT gotten in trouble yet? Honestly?!

You should put Andy in like pee wee football or something. I bet he would LOVE it. How old do you have to be for that?

Vanni is the funniest kid! I'll take it like a soldier? I mean really...who says that? Especially when you are 3/4. Hilarious!