Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Andy and Giovanni!!!





I am so excited to celebrate my boys today! It's been a fun day for them and a little bit of fun for me! :) They are REALLY hyper, and very excited about their birthdays! Today Andy turned 9 (well, at 7:44pm he will be 9 lol) and Giovanni turned 4 at 9:24am! :-) It's funny because when people hear that the boys were born on the same day EVERYONE thinks they are twins until they find out they are 5 years apart. Andy was born c-section after Z went through 30 hours of labor, he just wouldn't come. Then 5 years later she was getting ready to have Giovanni and they were picking the date for the c-section and every date they chose the dr was booked. They finally narrowed it down to the 28th because the dr was going out of town. So totally by fluke the boys were born on the same day 5 years apart.

I continued my tradition of letting the kids chose breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So for breakfast I made Andy a HUGE bacon and cheese omelet with salsa and jabenaro hot sauce (he LOVES spicy foods)and he ate the whole thing! I made Giovanni mickey mouse pancakes with a ton of syrup just like he likes! Of course for lunch Andy was at school but I surprised him and brought him Chinese food- spicy kung pow chicken, an egg roll, and fried rice- his favorite! He was soo happy when he saw me in the hall, and he kept telling me I was the best, it was super cute! Giovanni of course had a happy meal- chicken nuggets and french fries with TWO sides of ketchup. lol.

Tonight we are going to Red Robin for dinner (thanks to our dr office they give free kids meal coupons to the kids when we go in!) and Andy gets to order off the adult menu. He is so excited! lol

Andy you are an amazing young man. You have grown so much over the last year and have become such a great example to your little brother and sister. You are such a great helper, so smart,and make me laugh at the funny things you say. You have an old soul and are at times too big for your britches, but even when you are managing to get in trouble you are (usually) mature about it and have a great way of making me feel bad for punishing you. lol. I love you. You are such a blessing in my life. You have made me a stronger woman by becoming your Mom. You have answered my prayers and I am so glad you are my son. Thank you for letting me be your Mom and embracing me from day 1.

Giovanni you are my little lover bugger. From the first day I met you I felt you were my little bug. I am so proud of you and learning to talk so well (though at times it's too much, I'm still proud of you!)! You make me laugh at the silly things you say and the funny faces you make. You try so hard at everything (except the things you don't want lol)and your determination amazes me for such a little guy. You came to me so little and helpless and I've watched you grow into a little boy who is starting to have a testimony and strives to be the best. I am so thankful for you and the love and joy you've brought into my life. Thank you for letting me be your Mommy lover bugger.

Boys, I love you. You kids are my Sunshines. I don't know what I would do without any of you. You have made our family what it is and I am so glad we get to celebrate you today!

3 comments:

AB said...

They are lucky to have you. You are a Mama Rock Star!

Pure Images said...

You are such a sweetheart! What a great birthday they had because of you! =)

Brittany said...

Aww! The testimony of motherhood. I love it. It's such a blessing to be a mother and I am so glad you get to experience it. I am even more glad that you realize what a blessing it is. As we both know, some people don't. Happy Birthday Boys!