Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Lauren!!





Yesterday Natali turned 6! I can't believe it! She was named Lauren Natali Garvin and it was planned that she would be called Natali... until the past few months when she informed us she will be going by Lauren. We had such a fun day yesterday. Growing up my parents always tried to make our birthday's super special and I wanted to do the same for my baby girl.

When she woke up she ran and got in the shower and I told her she could wear ANYTHING she wanted. This was a huge thing for her. She has soo many clothes it took her forever to pick an outfit. I then told her I would do her hair any way she wanted (flat ironing is her new passion) and then we went and opened her presents. I let her chose breakfast (blueberry muffins), lunch (McDonalds), dinner (Red Robin), dessert (Bahama Bucks), and where we went all day (the dollar tree, wal mart, and to see Daddy at work). She was wished Happy Birthday at every place we went and her biggest treat was that we got to meet her teacher last night! She loves school and loves to learn so this was HUGE for her!

When she got to her class room she was the first one there so she gave her teacher the puzzle card she made her and introduced herself as Natali. The teacher said she didn't think there was a Natali in the class and what does she say, "Oh, ya my name is Lauren" lol. It was soo funny! She invited her teacher to go to dinner with us, I thought that was super cute! On the way out I said "Natali, where are you going to meet your brother after school?" (hoping that she would remember the HUGE flag poll I made them walk to 5 times) "Mom, it's Lauren" was all she replied! lol.

When we got to Red Robin last night she told the host, "it's my birthday, can you sing to me with all the other workers?" lol. It was super cute! I totally wish I had my camera!

Lauren, I hope you know that you are one of the best blessings in my life. You make me laugh at how funny you are, I love how you have your own sense of style, and your kind gentle heart amazes me. You are such a sweet daughter of Heavenly Father, and make me so proud. Thank you for letting me be your Mommy! I love you the most, I win!!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

She is such a cutie pie!! Why can I not remember that her name is Lauren! lol I am sure she would remind me. That CRACKS me up that she wants to be called Lauren now. Don't count on me getting that right anytime soon, my brain is lame! lol Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

Raadgep Fam said...

I loev it! I loev when kids start figuring out who and what they want to be! I love her! lol

AB said...

No more Naughty Nati? I totally stole that and use it for Nash, but he really is naughty.

Claudia said...

Happy Birthday Lauren! :) She's so cute. I still can't get over how cute she was at your Bridal Shower when she gave you the "Nutter Mutter"! :)