Saturday, October 18, 2008

Answers to Prayers

The past few weeks Bryant has been having a really hard time at work. He's been so stressed when he comes home because his company was having a hard time with its products so then Bryant's clients were unhappy and not spending, it was just a mess. Especially because Bryant's clients spending is what makes us our bonuses. We had been praying to know what it is that we should do to make Bryant less stressed and for guidance and direction.
Thursday we got our answer. First thing Thursday morning Bryant was on a job interview call (he'd been looking but not hard and it was on the DL) and got an IM from his buddy in the office (Bryant's office is in San Fran but he worked remotely from an office in Gilbert) saying that they just got out of a meeting where 40% of the company was laid off. His buddy and 2 VP's were of that 40%. Bryant freaked. I freaked. 2 hours later Bry received a phone call from his boss saying that the company wasn't profitable and that because of that 40% of the employees were being laid off so that as of right then they would be profitable. Bryant was one of the 40%. My stomach dropped when I saw Bryant and knew what had happened. I cried. I was angry, Bryant had done so much for that company, and they were like family. I felt betrayed. A few hours after the shock wore off we both felt total and complete peace. We knew this was an answer to our prayers. We both know everything is going to be just fine. Thursday alone Bryant had 3 phone interviews (most of these type of businesses are based out of San Fran) and Friday he had a few more, and one of the companies from Thursday called him back asking for references and talked waaay more in depth about the job.

We know we will be fine. We feel comforted by the Spirit and know that the Lord is mindful of us. I don't think I've seen Bryant so happy, which I know sounds funny, but he was ready for a new challenge and just needed the push to take it. We know that the most important thing right now is our family and staying close to the Lord.

I appreciate my friends who comforted me on Thursday and told me they knew we'd be fine. I know we will too, and I am so blessed to have friends who are there to listen to me and comfort me. Regardless of where we live. I love you! :) I'll keep you all posted as soon as anything happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long time greetings, Missy
I just loved reading this post. It is so touching to hear your faith coming through under trying circumstances. I hope things are getting better for your family. In the grand scheme of things...we're all pretty blessed just to have eachother.
I miss you. when are you planning on slumming it in Vista? hehe
Take Care, friend

Pure Images said...

You are so strong! Keep the faith girly!