Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Glasses


A few weeks back I got a call from the nurses office at the kids school. I hate these calls. They freak me out! Thankfully the nurse just wanted to let me know that Natali failed her vision screening and she was sending me a note home with Natali with further instruction. I've been having my suspicions for a while about Natali's vision because she holds the book up to her face when she reads, so I just called and made an appointment for the eye Dr. Natali was stoked. lol. The best part was when they had to blow the air in her eye, she cried.

Her vision was pretty bad. -1.75 in one eye and -2.25 in the other. But thankfully it isn't the power that's the problem, it's because she has an astigmatism in both eyes. She loved picking out new glasses and ended up getting ones that were actually made for adults because the kid ones looked super small on her face. But they are cute and we gave them some bling for $2 instead of the extra $95 the office wanted! We think she could totally pass for a younger Sarah Palin, of course a much, much, much cuter one! :)

This pic is of her in the tutu I made her for part of her halloween costume!

1 comment:

Sarah S. said...

Hey Autumn. I found your blog off of Erica's. I love Natalie's glasses. As a mother of two boys with glasses, I can say that I'm a fan of them. Thanks for all of your guys help with the primary program. You guys are the best and I'm so glad you moved into our ward.