Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Forgiveness

Our RS lesson on Sunday was about forgiveness and it was such a good lesson, it got me thinking a lot more about forgiveness and the Atonement. I have a lot (well more than I used to) of free time now that Natali is in school and soon Vanni will be in school too, so it will be even better. Anyways, I've been finding myself pondering how selfless Heavenly Father is and what a great example He is to me. I've been in fights with people and held grudges so long that I forget what the fight was about in the first place (don't you hate that? lol). However, I too find myself mad at someone and then dieing to talk to them to tell them something so simple in my life. I was thinking that's how it must have felt to Heavenly Father when I wasn't active and living my life the way that I thought was fun... I am so greatful for the atonement for the opportunity that I have to be forgiven for my sins, big or small as they may be. Isn't it amazing that we have to think about forgiving someone or even deny their apology but yet our Savior accepts it everytime. It really put things into perspective for me. It would be so easy for me to tell the kids Mother to flake off and never answer her phone calls or send pictures but honestly, who would that hurt? The kids more than anyone. This morning an opportunity approached for me to forgive the past and move on with my life. Z had court in Mesa and when she went to check into her hotel she was told that the rate was double what she was quoted. After helping her look for hotels for a few minutes I talked to Bryant and asked if he would care if she would stay with us for the night. I know, you are thinking I'm crazy. I just couldn't imagine being in her shoes and not being able to see my children everyday. Not being able to tuck them in at night or hear them pray or help them get ready for school. Who am I to judge? I know in my past relationships I wasn't perfect (I know,it's amazing to hear that, huh?) and neither were they. Divorce is an ugly thing when children are involved and I hope that I can help to bring more peace to my children's spirits and let them know that they are loved more than anything.

2 comments:

Nichole Bruce said...

All i can say is wow! I KNOW i would NOT have the attitude you have. AND your absolutely right, it's about those two adorable kids. Thank you for being an example of how to be like the Savior. You are awesome Autumn!

Pure Images said...

Wow, you've got such a good heart. I would in no way shape or form let Sarah come over and spend the night, ever. blah.