Monday, December 31, 2007

Merry Belated Christmas!




Saturday was such an exciting day for us. We met the kids and their grandparents in Kingman, AZ to pick them up and bring them home. I was so excited to see them, but had more than stressed myself out trying to get everything done at the last minute (New Years Resolution- stop procrastinating! lol) so it was nice to have a few hour drive to relax myself. When we got to Kingman and got out of the car the kids ran so fast to us. They were so happy to see us. Huge hugs and kisses and so many "I missed you" were exactly what I needed! :)
We had planned to have Christmas at our house with our families on Saturday at 6, we got home at like 5:15 and Bryant and the kids went to get pizza (a true Christmas dinner, right? lol) but seriously, I didn't think the kids were going to be able to make it. They were so freaking excited! Bryant's mom and sisters were running a little late and I thought the kids were going to go CRAZY! Thankfully, everyone arrived, we HURRIED through pizza (record timing on dinner, got to love that!), and went into the living room to open MOUNDS of presents! It's so fun to see the look on your kids face when they get what they wanted, it makes it all worth it! I tried to make Christmas a little more organized, so the kids opened our gifts, then my parents, then Bryant's mom's gifts.... they were present overloaded about half way through our gifts, don't worry, it didn't stop them! It took about 2 hours to open all of the gifts, it was ridiculous!
At the end of the night I asked the kids what their favorite gifts were... Andy liked his laser balloon shooting game my parents gave him (shocking, isn't it?), Giovanni couldn't stop talking about the excavator my parents got him, and Natali? Oh, ya, she liked her tooth tunes toothbrush the best! She cracks me up... her $6 toothbrush was her favorite gift, how funny is that? Besides having my kids home, my favorite gift were pictures Bryant's mom gave us... they were individual pictures of our kids with their Grandpa, they bring tears to my eyes every time I look at them. They are beautiful.
As the year comes to a quick end, I find myself reflecting on the past 12 months. So much in my life has changed... Bryant's Dad passed away, we got married, became a mom, got my endowment, became room mom in Natali's class, and so much more. We moved 3 times, Bryant changed jobs, we traveled to San Diego (a lot!),Palm Springs (don't ask Bryant about that trip!) San Francisco (Bryant more than the rest of us!), Utah, and Las Vegas (more times than I can count). It was a busy year, but a really fun year. I have high hopes for the new year. Bryant and I have made some life changing resolutions, and I know with the support of our friends and family we can make them happen.

Have a safe and happy New Year!

No comments: