Monday, January 7, 2008

Oh, my 2008!!

I can't believe that we are already into the first week of the new year. Time seriously flies. My kids went back to school today. It was sad. I know that's stupid, but I really did enjoy hanging out with them during the day. Last week was busy. We rung in the new year with a family from our ward, playing games and eating yummy food. New Years day was so relaxing. We didn't go to bed until nearly 3 am (yes, I am a bad mom who lets her kids stay up that late) so we all slept in and just hung out. Played the Wii (seriously, that should be a resolution of mine- to stop playing it lol) watched movies, just hung out. We also experienced our first outing to Chucke Cheeses with Amy Kelly, Abby, and the boys. I can't believe how expensive that place can be! But, the kids had fun and we stayed for nearly 4 hours, so... the next day we went to Anthem and went to this awesome park with Amy, Abby, and the gang. It was so fun, the kids loved it! Friday we had the missionaries for dinner and Saturday we went to Prescott to have Christmas with Amy, Allan and the kids. It was nice spending time with Amy's family. Sunday Giovanni became a Sun Beam!! My baby is growing up! ;) He and his little friend Aaron were so excited, it was so cute! Natali and Andy were excited to go into new classes also.
Sunday was an amazing day for me. I love my ward. I really feel so blessed that we found our house and that we go to the ward we do. I love my calling and I love serving the other families in our ward. I have made so many lasting friendships, and that makes it so nice also. So, Sunday I felt was Joseph Smith day at church. lol. It seemed like every ones testimony was about Joseph Smith, we touched on him in SS, and then our lesson in RS was a brief history of Joseph Smith's life. See, I didn't go to seminary, I was inactive from pretty much the time I was 18 until I was 25. I went to church on and off, but I defiantly was not active. There is so much about the scriptures that I don't know. There is so much about the Gospel that I don't know. Bryant is super scripture and church smart. He answers tons of questions in SS and without a doubt almost every Sunday he is thanked for his participation in Priesthood. So, starting from the basics with me is so exciting. I can't wait to study the life and teachings of Joseph Smith and I can't wait to study the B of M in SS.
After church we had a really good Bishop appointment to start the process so Bryant and I can get sealed. Also, we talked about Andy getting baptized. It looks like he will be getting baptized February 2nd.
Already the start to 2008 has been awesome. I hope that everyone else has been having as much fun as us! Happy 2008!!

5 comments:

Raadgep Fam said...

THat is so awsome about your 2008 starting out so well! I am so excited about your sealing. You have to let me know when that is! And your son is getting baptized thats great! I love ya great news!

Nichole Bruce said...

Holy cow, what a way to start out the year!! Congrats on... everything!!

Brittany said...

Isnt that weird that our babies are sunbeams? THEY ARE IN PRIMARY! lol...so weird. No offense to Andy, but I think I would rather come for your sealing since I can't make it our there twice. You tell me when, and I will be there. :) I Miss you friend!

Krista said...

HELLO! i haven't seen or talked to you in FOREVER! how great that you have a blog and i found you! I am new in the newlywed club too...also we moved into Sam's ward so i am catching up with her and finding out more about our friends that she was good about keeping in touch with...

Pure Images said...

Awesome! We are getting sealed too... March 14, so you guys better be there! I am glad things are going so well for you guys!