Tuesday, September 30, 2008

LA






Last week Bry and I went to LA. It was a much needed relaxing (for most of it) time for me! I hardly saw Bry at all because he was working the whole time but I managed to keep myself busy! :)

We left Wednesday at like 5:45 pm and had a super good drive. The most traffic we hit was getting from Mesa to the outskirts of town- like to where we used to live lol. It took us nearly 2 hours to drive out of town, it wasn't fun. But then after that we were all good. We were staying in a hotel right by LAX and so driving to it I was getting a little worried because it looked like we were in the ghetto, but it worked out just fine! The hotel we stayed at was called the Custom Hotel and it was different to say the least. I totally felt like I was stuck in Ikea and the '70s from the red lights. lol. But it was nice and free so I'm not going to complain. There were just some funny things about it, like in the elevator there were HUGE pics of a man or a woman... just odd. Then on our floor there was a vending machine ROOM. But not vending machines with food or drink... it was with things like wigs, masks, and adult items. Very strange.


Thursday Bry went to meetings all day with Lucy (his boss) and then went to a client party that his company was holding that night in Beverly Hills so I didn't see him until 9:40 that night. But he enjoyed himself and got a lot of work accomplished.

And, as my Mom says, "there are worker bees and playing bees" so I decided to be the playing bee and went to Irvine Spectrum with Britt! It was VERY fun! We caught a movie that was HORRIBLE (I am SOOO sorry, Britt! lol) but we had cupcakes during the movie that were delicious, so that worked out good! It was fun to hang out and not have to worry about anything! I was sad when the day was over because we hardly get to see each other and rarely do we get to hang out without kids!


Friday Bry had some client meetings with the founder of his company (the pic of me in the glasses and hat was what I looked like when I met him- Bry called it my paparazzi look lol) and I totally ordered room service and watched TLC while lounging in bed. It was a perfect morning! When Bry got back we headed down to San Diego to have dinner with Britt, Jeremy, Crystal, and Zac, and all of their kids. It was really fun! When ever I visit it's hard for me to go home, I miss my BFF! But she did introduce us to a yummy yogurt place that I am soo glad I don't live by! :)


Saturday we went to the tattoo expo to meet a client/friend of Bry's who owns the search engine Redzee.com, which, btw is the COOLEST search engine ever. It's totally family friendly and super easy to use. And instead of showing you a list of your results it shows you the home page to the websites, it's pretty cool! (Nice little plug for Ryan there! lol) It was really fun having lunch with him. He's a way cool guy and got Bry and I pretty excited for some projects he wants Bry to head.

To put an end to the perfect get away on our way home we stopped in Palm Springs and ate at Mario's. Yummy! That's all I can say. Wow! It was such a great get away and I am sooo glad to everyone who helped with our kids and made it a possibility for us.

2 comments:

Raadgep Fam said...

I am so sorry that we didnt hang out! I just have hd alot going o n and I am bumbed that we didnt get to go to dinner! I will deffintly try to make it out there before i leave. Hey maybe i can talk britt into a girl trip and we can come see you!

Pure Images said...

Wow, I did not look cute in those pictures. I defiately cant wear those capris anymore!