Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fuel for My Body

About a year ago I started tracking my weight and calorie intake via an online tracker called whatdidyoueattoday.com it's a nifty, free tracker that Bryant's old co-worker designed.
Well, it had been a while since I'd been on and today I wanted to see how many calories I had been taking in and how it compared to my "old" self. So, I logged in and put in my weight and it informed me my BMI was down 5 and my weight was down a good amount, too! (I knew that part but I didn't know about the BMI) So then I put in everything that I ate today and it tells me how many calories everything is and I go back to look and the difference in my calorie intake from 1 year ago made me SICK!! I had only tracked breakfast and a snack before and my calories were 500 more than my breakfast, lunch, and snack today!! Wow!! It was a very proud moment to see how I'd become just a tad more cautious of what I was putting in my body.

Another thing I've noticed lately is how much energy I've had! I've been walking the kids to school in the morning and walking to get them in the afternoons. Sophie has been liking the walking, too! Yesterday Giovanni and I jogged the long way back home! I can't tell you the last time I jogged!! This morning I woke up and cleaned the bottom of my house in less than an hour! Like SCRUBBED! Then I went to work on the upstairs! Maybe "they" were always right when "they" said food is fuel for your body!

2 comments:

Cherene said...

Your progress is awesome! It's weird how in so many areas of life, I find that I didn't realize how bad it was until it started getting better. Then all of a sudden, the light clicks on, and you realize what you had been missing out on. If you need an outlet for all your extra energy, my house could use a scrub. ;)

Raadgep Fam said...

Great job! I am so proud of you! Keep going! And happy day today! I wish I could of been there!