Friday, February 20, 2009

Remembering Grandpa



Though I didn't get the chance to know him all that well I knew him well enough to know that Bry's Dad was a wonderful man. One memory I have of Ed is when we were all over for dinner to celebrate his birthday and asked for his "new daughter to say the prayer". One of the first times I met Ed was to tell him that Bry and I were engaged he looked at my ring and asked "how much did that set you back". He had a good sense of humor even after being in the hospital for nearly 2 years. The kids talk about Grandpa all the time and miss him so much. They know that he is watching out for us.
Today is Grandpa's birthday so after getting Ma and Nate the four of us headed over to the cemetery. First we stopped to get him balloons and carnations. We "sent" 4 balloons up to him and left the flowers and the other balloons on his grave. We sang him "Happy Birthday" and "A Child's Prayer" which I'm told was one of his favorite songs.
We are so blessed to know that if we strive to do what is right we'll be able to live with Grandpa again... in the mean time we know that he's having a great Birthday party up there!

1 comment:

Raadgep Fam said...

that is so awsome! I am sure that your kids will love doing that every year!