Thursday, April 16, 2009

Catching Up


My Mom, Summer, and I at the luncheon following
the funeral. Is Summer not the cutest pregnant girl you've
ever seen?!

I've been crazy busy these past few weeks! I flew to Redding, CA for my Grandma's funeral and was able to stay for 4 days. It was an amazingly beautiful funeral. I'm so grateful for the ward members there who brought dinners to my Grandpa and my Uncle's house to feel all 20 million of us and also to the sweet Relief Society who put together a beautiful luncheon after the services.
I'm also so thankful for all the amazing friends and family I have who helped me with my kids so I could go to alone.

I love my family. I miss my Grandma. I'm still grieving and know that she is in such a better place though I miss her dearly.

Summer's cutie son Carson (she stole my name)


Jared and Emma (who had the flu! poor baby!)

Bad pic, but this is my Uncle driving the hearse
to the cemetery... my Grandma's only son
giving her her last ride. Pretty cool, huh?


After a looong flight home (bad weather in No. Cal causing me to nearly miss my connecting flight and having to run through San Francisco International Airport and having my PANTS FALL DOWN!! lol) I was ready to sleep a lot. Sadly, kids don't alow that. It was back to the hustle and bustle.

Friday the kids had off school and we went to see Disney On Ice which my awesome sister gave us tickets to! We had super awesome seats (6 rows from the ice) and were entertained the whole time! Natali has now decided she wants to be an ice skater and Giovanni wants to be an ice cleaner- man that kid has high hopes! lol.


Friday night we went to see the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple. It was my first time ever going, and next year I will be sure to go without kids! It was still neat but the intire time trying to explain to Giovanni that it wasn't the real Jesus and that they were just actors wasn't really helping me to pay attention. But still, I'm glad I went.

Saturday was a hard day. We had to put our sweet new puppy to sleep. We don't know what happened. The vet thinks she was poisened. It was so a hard day for all of us. The kids tell us all the time how much they miss Taylor and even Sophie keeps looking around for her.

Sunday we had Easter at our house. There were 9 adults and 6 kids! It was fun!! My BFF Britt and her hubby moved to Gilbert that weekend so they came with Kase and enjoyed the festivities with my family, Bry's mom and sis and her kids, and my parents and my cous Jen! We had a fun Easter Egg hunt (well, more like we put the eggs on the grass and they picked them up) and ate yummy food!

I guess that sums up our last week! OH! Except... Guys, I've lost almost 60lbs!!! I can't believe it!!!

3 comments:

Crissie said...

Man! You really did have good seats at Disney on Ice! That's so funny that Giovanni wants to be an ice cleaner. Dallin thought that was pretty cool too! That is just so sad about your puppy. Especially that it happened so suddenly. What a crazy 2 weeks you've had! And 60 lbs.!!!! That is SO amazing! You look SO GREAT!

Loree said...

wow girl you were busy. glad you had a nice time with your family at your grandma's funeral. sorry about your puppy :( so sad. and I AGREE With Crissie... 60 lbs! girl you are just melting away! so exciting for you! You do look great! happy day :)

AB said...

60! I'm so proud of you. Exciting that Brit moved nearby. Your week is seriously busy. Makes me feel like I've been an underachiever.