Monday, November 26, 2007

Gobble, Gobble!!!

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun at my house... well, at first it was a lot of stress then it became fun! We hosted Thanksgiving for 16 of our closest relatives! I cooked the entire meal (see, my culinary school wasn't a waste! lol) with the exception of desserts. I must admit, it was dang tasty!
The best part of the day was going around the table and hearing what everyone was thankful for. It's so good to hear that my kids were thankful for things like our home, our family, church, their teachers, each other and Bry and I (with the exception of Giovanni who was only thankful for Spiderman, Superman, and Blue Spiderman lol... nice). It made me realize how much my children do appreciate what we have.
After everyone left we watched Elf and decorated our Christmas tree. We bought at 9 1/2 ft tree... I'm so not smart and didn't realize how HUGE it is! Good thing we have 20 ft ceilings! At first I was really picky and wouldn't let the kids help then I realized how much they wanted to and set them free. My only regret was when Vanni got a hook stuck in his tooth...lol. Let's just say that there are probably 5 ornaments on every branch. Not to mention, my creative kids crawled UNDER the tree and decorated down there. lol. It's super cute though!
I am so thankful for my family. I'm thankful for my loving husband who shows me everyday what unconditional love is. I'm thankful for his job that provides for us and allows us the ability to have Bryant at home with us and allows me to be able to stay home with the kids. I'm so thankful for the atonement and for the opportunity I have to renew my covenants each and every week. I'm thankful for my children who teach me how simple life really is, and how wonderful they make it. I'm thankful that I am blessed with this family and with my extended family. I'm so thankful for all of my friends who have stood by me through the years and who are practically family. I'm thankful for the new friendships that I have made. I love you all and hope that your thanksgiving was as wonderful as ours.

1 comment:

Raadgep Fam said...

I am so GREATFUL for you. You have helped me go through some tough times latly and it has been great getting advise from you and hearing someone go through some of the same stuff I do. I Love you AUTUMN!