Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Weekend Report!!!



I had such a fun weekend! A few weeks back Jess asked me if I wanted to do a Breast Cancer 5k with her and her work because my Grandma is a breast cancer survivor I didn't hesitate to say yes. The 5k was in Tempe at Tempe Town Lakes and started at 8am Saturday. Tempe is about 45 min from my house and I wasn't sure how traffic would be so I woke up at 6:30 to meet Jess by 7:30 and while I was getting ready I was super excited... I don't know if it was because Bryant was home so a lot of stress was off me but I know I was also really excited to hang out with Jess. Anyway, the walk was awesome. Jess works with some really nice people and it was fun to walk and chit chat with her. And just have some "grown up time" lol. We were done with the walk in a little over an hour and I headed home to hang out with my family.
Saturday night Bryant and I enjoyed a nice evening alone. We are so blessed to have some girls in our ward that are great sitters and our kids love them! Bryant and I went to Game Works (it's like Dave and Busters or Jillian's) and had dinner and played games for a few hours. Over the past few weeks I've been feeling closer and closer to Bryant. I feel our marriage is so strong right now. I see how much the Lord's hand is in our marriage and I'm so grateful for that.
I love Sunday's because our church doesn't start until 12 (well, starting this week until the end of the year it's at 11- long story) so Bryant and I usually sleep in (we've trained the kids not to get out of bed until we get them lol)and then we wake up and cook breakfast together. As part of my calling I organized a Thanksgiving dinner for a family in our ward that is struggling so Sunday I was finalizing some of that in RS. While I was talking to the sisters in our ward I was overcome with gratitude. At a moments notice I have sisters offering to do anything that is needed from them. Not only that. I felt so grateful for my calling, for being able to serve the families in our ward. I felt grateful for Bryant's job that allows us the luxury's we enjoy and having him home. I really do feel blessed. I have amazing children who are so funny, I have a great family, wonderful, supportive friends, a beautiful house... I'm blessed, though sometimes I forget that everything is a blessing. lol.
Sunday night I went to see So You Think You Can Dance (I know, it was a Sunday- I didn't realize the date when I bought the tickets and Bryant already scolded me lol) with Jess and had more fun there! It's our second year going I am so glad that I have a girl friend here that I can hang out with. Jess is amazing and I never thought that we would become as close as we have.
So, ya... that's my weekend!! :)

2 comments:

Nichole Bruce said...

It sounds like you had an EXCITING weekend. And you're absolutely right... sometimes we forget how blessed we.

Brittany said...

It sure does sound like you had a good weekend with Jess. I am glad you are so in love. That's wonderful! We do tend to forget our blessings when we get caught up in the world. It's always nice to take a step back and realize all the wonderful blessings from our Heavenly Father.