Monday, January 14, 2008

Time Out!

This weekend has been crazy. I'm not sure that I spent much time out of my pajamas. lol. Sad, isn't it? Actually, it was nice.
Friday night (I was out of my pjs then) we went to our friends house, the Anderson's, to have dinner and play games with our other friends, the Burroughs. We enjoyed having nachos then playing Guitar Hero and some kareoke game. It was our first time hanging out with either couple but it was so fun! Bry and I had never played Guitar Hero before... Bryant's first attempt he did really super well... I on the other hand, couldn't get it. I sucked. lol. Now I'm on the hunt to buy it for the Wii. Of course everyone has been sold out for weeks! Depressing! lol
Saturday we did nothing. Literally. We got up late (yes!) and then watched Ratatoee. I fell asleep during the movie. We then had lunch and took naps! It was seriously a beautiful afternoon. We were supposed to go to our Ward social on Saturday night but I was much too lazy to get everyone ready. I know, sad, isn't it? So instead we stayed home and played choots and ladders. The kids enjoyed it!
Yesterday we went to church and I started getting this horrible headach so I went home after Sacrement and slept it off... while I was there the Bishop announced that a sister in our ward who was expecting was having some "complications" and asked that our ward family keep her in our prayers. Being the compassionate service leader I knew I'd hear more. So, this sister was 8 1/2 months pregnant and the baby died. Today she had to go in and deliver the baby. My stomach was sick when I heard. I could not imagine ever going through anything like this. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go visit her and see what she will need help with. Her husband is in the military and is away (I'm not sure where to) but was able to come home just for this week. I don't know what to say to this poor lady. I know that nothing I will say will bring her comfort. It's just a horrible situation.
Along with that, another sister in our ward lost her brother suddenly last week and another sister is having a baby on Friday. There is a lot going on!
I am so greatful that our ward is as helpful and close as it is. I feel that at anytime I could call any sister and ask for pretty much anything and she would do it.
Anyway, that's a brief summery of our weekend. Oh, and I'm planning Jess' bridal shower, so if you know of any fun games... Let me know!!!

No comments: