Thursday, August 9, 2007

Big Boy!


Since Natali has been in school Vanni has had a lot more one on one time with me and it's helping him so much. It's like he woke up and was like, ok, I'm a big boy now! He's been struggling so much with his speech and then boom...now he won't shut up! I mean, it's still hard to get all of the words he's saying, but still... it's a lot better then it was. His new thing is to count to 10 saying the words and using his fingers. It's so cute! He is so proud of himself, and that's even cuter!

There is a program through our school district here for kids with special needs and next week Vanni will start the screening for it. Just to clarify, it's for kids who are speech delayed or just behind where they should be, and because of Vanni's speech he could possibly qualify. I know this program would help Vanni in ways that I just couldn't, but I also know that if he doesn't qualify that the Lord will help me know what it is I need to do to help Vanni with his speech. It's a frustrating thing for a little kid not to be able to communicate, as frustrated as I get I know he is 1000 times more frustrated. However, he had no problem calling the RSP's son an idiot when she came to my house yesterday. Nice. lol. It's a good thing he's so dang cute! :)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Ok, so I read all of that and I can't even remember what I read because I am still laughing at the fact that he called the RSP's son an IDIOT!! Gee Autty, where did he learn that word from? NO YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!