Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm Going There Someday

For those of you who know me personally you probably also know of my personal struggles over the past few years... well, since I was 17. lol. Anyway, it's been a long road for me and sometimes I didn't think that I would ever make it. I know that being surrounded by amazingly supportive friends and family has helped me immensely. I can remember times in my life that have stood out more than others. I think one of my turning points in my life was because of my best friend who stood by my when my roads were rockier than most realize. I hadn't visited California in a while and so many times I wish that this trip would have happened sooner in my life. I don't even know if you remember this, Britt, but we were sitting at Denny's both of us crying and having a heart to heart that was much needed. You have no idea how much I needed that night. Thank you for standing by me and being my friend. Thank you even more for talking to me openly and being a great example to me through the years (even though sometimes I didn't appreciate it as much lol) After we talked I went to Britt's parents house and her Dad gave me a blessing (another much needed thing) that gave me some incite to what I've been missing in my life for too many years. It's funny how an even can change your life, especially one that most would think is so simple. So much has changed in my life since that night... I am married to an incredible man who loves me and who makes me strive to be a better person, we are working on being sealed, and working on extending our family.
Last night I received a temple recommend and will be getting my endowments on September 5th. The Spirit was so strong in the Bishop's office. When he was going over the questions there wasn't a doubt in my mind that I was doing the right thing. I felt so giddy, like a little kid. I can't wait to go to the Temple. By far this is my best accomplishment so far in my life. I am so proud that I am worthy to go to the house of the Lord.

2 comments:

Pure Images said...

Congrats Autumn. That is so awesome. =) I wish I could be there to see you go through. You will truely be blessed with the convenants you make in the temple. =)

Brittany said...

Ok I am seriously crying right now. You are so special to me Autumn. I really see the person you are and what you aspire to be. I totally remember that night at Dennys...TOTALLY remember. The waitress kept walking by looking at us like we were nuts! I am so glad we are still friends and you have been there for me through just as much! I am grateful for that night at Dennys as well. The conversation went both ways and we were really able to talk about things that were never talked about before. I am so glad we are still close, and I REALLY hope I can be there with you in the temple. If not, we will be in Vegas. But I am still working on it. Birthday present maybe? I dunno. We will see. But I love you so much and am so proud of you and what you have made of yourself and your life. You will remember Sept 5th and the spirit you will feel, for the rest of your life. It will be so strong, stronger than you have ever felt before. You will feel the blessings EVERYDAY in your life for being worthy to enter the house of the lord. I am so happy for you. I love you!! p.s. don't forget tissues!!