Thursday, August 27, 2009

Advancing

Tuesday night Andy was advanced from a Bear to a Weblo in Cub Scouts. He also received his Religious Knot, one of the only 3 awards you can take with you in scouting. I am so proud of Andy, of all our hard work {it was as much me climbing on him as it was him lol} and of the confidence this has given him!

Part of the advancement they have a parent go up with the scout and have a contest, like eat three crackers and then try to howl like a wolf... well, Bry and Andy got a tin of whipped cream each and had to find the candy kisses hidden inside... only my hubby would end up putting the tin in our son's face when they were done and the whipped cream would fly all over one of my besties in the ward... Good thing Tera loves me and is a good sport! ;)I'm so proud of Andy. He has grown so much in the past few years. I love seeing his little testimony develop and I love seeing the example he is setting for the other kids. This does make me sad because this means it's Andy's last year in Cub Scouts , next year {when he turns 11} he will be in Boy Scouts... it's crazy to think of! But I am happy we won't have to buy a new book each year! ;)

Way to go, Andy! You're my favorite {almost} 10 year old!!

5 comments:

Cherene said...

Congrats to you and Andy! I'm sorry I missed it--so glad to see pictures! :)

Bamba's Babies said...

Very cool Andy!

Cluff Family said...

Hi Autumn. We hope you don't mind us checking out your blog. Your family is cute.

Brittany said...

Very impressive Andy! You are such a big boy! I can't believe he is so grown up now. That's a cute thing they did with the whipped cream. Cute shirt you are wearing too Autumn!

The McNeil Family said...

matt is one of the new weblows leaders. That will be a lot of fun