Sunday, August 2, 2009

Better Late Than Never...

Seeing as it's now August and we went on our trip to Newport about a month ago, I figure it's about time I post about it! We had sooo much fun! We stayed at the Hilton on the border of Irvine and Newport, it would have made for a nice romantic weekend {like it was planned for until our plans were changed last minutes and the kids weren't leaving for Utah for 2 more weeks! lol} but we made it a great family weekend.
We loved playing outside and feeling the fresh ocean air... it was a nice change from the 100+ Arizona heat we're used to! We all decided we want to move there once we become rich! lol.
One of the days we were there we went down to the Del Mar Fair and had a blast walking around. I was amazed... I was sooo good at staying away from the fair food!! It probably helps that I'm way cheap! lol. The kids had gotten money to spend so they loved walking through and buying just about anything that jumped out at them. We also all played a game together (I won, aren't I a bad Mom for not letting one of my kids win?! lol) It was so fun!
Giovanni bought a hermit crab, Crabby Bob Garvin and a sword with his money. He loves Crabby and takes such good care of him! Every night in his prayers he says thank you for Crabby. Too cute!
Andy caught Daddy on a good day... I am total anti gun, but clearly Daddy is cool with it, Andy got 3 bb guns and a cap gun. Needless to say, Andy is one happy kiddo!
Natali bought some markers (I can't remember what they were called) and a hat. And maybe a stuffed animal.
Cute kids with all their loot! They were so excited!



Our last day there we spent at the beach... the water was sooo cool and felt sooo good! We weren't there too long but I came home looking like a lobster! All in all, it was a great trip! I can't wait to go again-- I just hope it's sooner rather than later, this Saturday is supposed to be 114 degrees, I wouldn't mind going then! :)

2 comments:

Loree said...

what a fun trip! the kids do look so excited about their loot! i am wishing for cooler weather too. gotta love cali :)

Raadgep Fam said...

WOW you look so HOT and Skinny! OMG I am so jealous!