Friday, August 21, 2009

Surprise!!



This is my favorite family pic we've EVER taken-- I seriously want to use it for our Christmas cards!
Luis, Bry, Me, and GI Jen {his co-workers and buds}
Lu-E and Bry {everyone has a nickname}
So, I said I didn't want to take a pic w Jen cause I'd look too fat w her so she puffed out her cheeks-- LOVE it! lol
Alicia, Jen, Me, Jess, and Britt-- THE best friends a girl can ask for!
Me and Britty! So fun having my best friend so close!! yay!

Last Saturday I had a surprise party for Bry for his birthday! I wanted to make his 30th birthday extra special for him. It was so hard for me to keep this from him because I tell him EVERYTHING! But, I did it! I didn't even brake when we were laying in bed one night after Natali's party and he was telling me he was so happy he and I were going to spend a quiet date night together for his birthday! {Let me tell ya, I was tempted to tell him at that moment, but I didn't!}

Saturday morning I got into my "cleaning mode" now, everyone thought this would send red flags, but if you really know me I have a tendency to get in these moods where I want the house scrubbed, so I'm sure Bry thought I was just having one of "those" days. lol. We then went to Wal Mart to pick up some things and Bry diddle dawdled the whole time. He isn't a shopper, but that day he was lol. I was rather annoyed when he stopped by the booth they had set up in the front of the store and let the kids get bracelets for a donation for breast cancer and took like 10 min. lol. But finally we got home and my friend Alicia came over. I told Bry that Alicia needed some girl time so asked if he could take the kids out for a while. It worked!! :)

We were supposed to have fondue and a chocolate fountain... it turned out more like fondon't... but, I tried. So veggies, dip, and a chocolate fountain. YUM! :)

Thank you so much to our friends who helped keep this a surprise and helped me keep my sanity!

And once again, Happy Birthday to my love-- I'm so blessed to have such an amazing hubby, even though you are old... good thing I think older men are sexy ;)


Just 2 more birthday's to go this month and we're done! Let me tell you-- NO MORE KIDS BORN IN AUGUST!! {as long as that's what His plan is, too, of course lol}

6 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

the food sounded yummy.. How fun for your husband

Loree said...

I LOVE Surpirse Parties! I glad you were able to keep it a secret even though it is soooo hard. I planned a surprise for Leonard's 30th and it was a BLAST! and crazy enough he got me good on my 30th b-day too! so FUN!!! you really are looking good girl! keep up the hard work ;)

Brittany said...

OMG you SO need to get that pic blown up and framed. Love at Home. You all look so bitter and angry. Except Nati. She is always smiling. That is hilarious! Glad we were able to celebrate with ya!

AB said...

You are so fun! Good job on keeping it quiet. I can totally relate. It's HARD to keep secrets from Harland, too.

Happy belated Birthday, Bry!

Claudia said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! You are such a sweet wife! :) And you look so pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

How beautiful and happy you look. It warms the soul!
Your babies look so cheery!! hahaha
Good to know life is going well...
I leave for another adventure tomorrow and will try to document via the blog, but i'm ridiculously lax...