Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It Sure Is Quiet Around Here


I never thought this day would come so quick, but all 3 of my "babies" are in school! Andy is going into 5th grade, Natali ("Lauren" is what they call her at school) is going into 2nd, and my baby Giovanni is going into kindergarten!! Wow!!

Last night they were all so excited we had to calm them down quite a bit before they received their Father's blessings for the start of the year. It was a nice, spiritual time to spend with our family. And I cried through all of them. After we were done they went to go get in bed and Andy said he was so excited he needed a sleeping pill- where does this kid come from?! I cracked up!! When I checked on them at 10 they were all fast asleep!!

This morning was fun, it's Bryant's 30th Birthday so we woke up, got the kids ready and then they opened gifts with Daddy while I was cooking breakfast. Then we {rushed} to get them to school on time.

I walked Giovanni into his classroom and when we got there it was crowded, so Giovanni turns to me and says, "there's no room in here, there's too many kids, we should just go home". That's my boy! lol. Too cute! Two seconds later the principal came in and said it was time for us parents to leave. There was a boy in HYSTERICS, it made me thankful Giovanni wasn't that kid. {who am I kidding? He was that kid 2 years ago on his first day of speech school}

So, the kids are all nestled safely in their desks while I'm home. All. Alone. Dishes are done, floors are swept, laundry is being washed, I'm updating my blog, meeting the hubby for a {surprise} birthday lunch. And it's not even 10am! A lot gets done with no kids around!

Though, I know this will all change in 12 short days when I start school, too!


Oh, and I think it should be noted, I didn't shed one single tear! I was pretty proud!

4 comments:

Alison B said...

wow! no tears when your baby went to kindergarten? amazing!!!

Jenny Knudsen said...

I was jumping for joy. You should come over to my house and hang out with me and Wyatt. We need some friends.

AB said...

Nice work! I'm a little jealous. I wish I could afford a pre-school for Nash. I might get to take a nap.

Christine said...

One more week and I'll get to enjoy the same event! But I'm celebrating by having foot surgery so I'm not sure how much I'll remember of that first day of freedom.