Monday, August 10, 2009

The Difference Between Boys and Girls

This morning I decided I would make my life a little easier and have the kids choose their outfits for school for the first 5 days of school.

One by one I took the kids in to pick their outfits. Andy was first, I laid out his new clothes and said what do you want to wear the first day? He asked me what matched what so I put the clothes together and he said "ya, that's fine" and chose his 5 outfits.
Next, Giovanni came in and said "Mommy you pick for me" I've been trying to get him to make his own choices so I told him to choose the shorts he wanted to wear first and then guided him from there.
Finally, I go into Natali's room and tell her what we're doing. We lay out her new clothes and she proceeds to try on EVERY outfit, with accessories, and shoes. She then looks in the mirror, twirls, and tries on the next outfit, changing the day she's going to wear the outfit with each change of clothes. She then tells me how beautiful she looks in her new clothes and finally (an hour later) decides on her outfits (with much coaxing from me!).

And now I see the difference between boys and girls!

7 comments:

Cherene said...

Love it! Thank goodness for girls. The boy way may be quicker and easier, but it's no FUN!

Alison B said...

how hilarious!!! This is soooo true!!! cute story.

Jessica said...

Too dang cute!

Brittany said...

That is TOO funny. Leave it to Nati. She is SUCH a girly girl. That just proves it over again. She makes me smile, she is so cute.

Never Wrong said...

Just goes to prove how much Nati needed an awesome mommy like YOU! If the kids would have been left with just me she would probably be more like the boys which owuld never do for such a cutey. And of course they would probably eat popcorn for dinner and watch movies everynight too ;)

Love you baby thank you for being so amazing... even when you dont have to be.

pj said...

That's our Nati! And she does look beautiful. She is so easily pleased though, so that is good. Glad Andy asked what matched. Vanni will get there after his little friend comments on his clothes, he will want to look cool. How funny she is in his class again.

Kate Milke said...

SERIOUSLY! i have 3 girls...i knew i wanted boys....ugh.