Monday, August 3, 2009

Finding Joy

Thank you all for your words of kindness on my post about being in a rut. I am truly blessed to have such amazing friends in my life. You all said what I needed to hear in your own way, either on my blog, or by grabbing me in the hall at church, or a sweet phone call. I appreciate you more than words could express.

A lot has been happening in my life and I've been feeling the constant reminder of a phrase in my Patriarchal Blessing lately. I'll paraphrase, but it basically tells me that I will be called into the halls of higher learning and my decision to do this will bless my family and children's lives. I can say that I've officially registered for classes and will be starting school on August 24th . I'm so excited about this decision and know the Lord will bless me and my family through what may be a crazy time in our lives. I've never been good at school, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, but I feel confident and have been studying this past week trying to refresh my old brain, which causes my excitement to grow even more. This is a huge step for me, and I'm nervous, but thankfully my excitement is out weighing my nerves {for now}.

To get ready for us all to go back to school today I've been making "schedules" for everything, laundry, scouts, dinner (more like menus), cleaning, homework, etc. I love that I'm getting more organized and I love that I'm motivated to do these things! I love that I'm finally finding the joy in my journey!

I'm especially thankful to my hubby who realizes how important this is to me and has been nothing but supportive since I've made my decision. I truly found the BEST hubby {EVER}!

So... Here's to a GREAT start of the new school year!!

1 comment:

Cherene said...

Good for you, Autumn! I think you and I have a lot in common!! I am heading back to school on Aug 24--due largely to a feeling that I needed to act now on a phrase from my patriarchal blessing. I am so scared, but I just know that you and I are doing the right thing, and the Lord will help us with the journey. Thanks goodness for loving, supportive hubbys!! :)